LEWISTON, Maine - The Husson University women's indoor track and field competed in the Bates College Invitational on Saturday afternoon and finished in 3rd overall with 68 points.
Bates College won the invitational with 211 team points while Colby finished second with 105 points, and Saint Joseph's (Maine) rounded out women's field with 17 points.
- Brooke Hoople finished 6th in the 60 meter dash with a new school record of 8.38 and the 200 meter dash (27.64).
- Jayda Cabrera placed 10th in the 60 meter dash (8.44) and 8th in the 200 meter dash (28.41).
- Tamara Rodriguez was 18th in the 60 meter dash (8.99), 5th in the long jump (4.01m) and 9th in the triple jump (8.78m).
- Jaclyn MacDonald placed 22nd in the 60 meter dash (9.60) and 2nd in the pole vault with a new personal best of 2.75m.
- Samantha Berwick finished 23rd in the 60 meter dash (10.21) and 20th in the 200 meter dash (36.65)
- Paige Rainford took 14th in the 200 meter dash (30.67).
- Kelly Kashian was 15th in the 200 meter dash (31.75), tied for 2nd in the high jump (1.43m) and 6th in the long jump (3.98m).
- Shea Curley finished 16th in the 200 meter dash (32.01).
- Erika Trailkill placed 21st in the 200 meter dash (37.54) and 7th in the 800 meter dash (3:26.01).
- Kathrine Medeiros took 4th in the 400 meter dash (1:30.30).
- Alecia Palmer was 4th in the 800 meter dash with a new school record of 2:35.23 and the pole vault (2.30m).
- Kateri Jeffery finished 5th in the 800 meter dash (2:50.60).
- Morgan Clifford placed 7th in the 800 meter dash (2:54.65).
- Katie Cotton was 3rd in the 60 meter hurdles with a new school record of 9.75.
- The quartet of Cabrera, Curley, Cotton and Hoople combined to finish 3rd in the 4x200 meter relay with a 1:58.90.
- Jeffery, Clifford, Rainford and Palmer ran together to post a 3rd place finish in the 4x400 meter relay.
- Casey Modery placed 4th in the high jump (1.43m), the long jump (4.40m), and the triple jump (9.61m).
- Jessica Dessert was 3rd in the pole vault (2.45m).
- Erin Ellison finished 2nd in the shot put (11.27m) and in the weight throw with a 15.41m for a New England Open Championship cut. Ellison is the first indoor track athlete to qualify for the open championship in program history.
- Kerianne Downing took 6th in the shot put with a new personal best of 10.16m.
- Faith Burnett placed 7th in the shot put (9.50m) and 8th in the weight throw (10.36m).
- Natalie Bunton was 12th in the shot put with a personal best of 8.65m and 10th in the weight throw with a personal best of 8.38m.
- Elizabeth Hilliard finished 14th in the shot put with a personal best of 6.76m and 13th in the weight throw for a personal best of 4.51m.
The Eagles are back in action on Saturday, January 30th at the Bowdoin Invitational.