Sep 10, 2017
WATERVILLE, Maine -- The Husson University women's soccer team fell to the College Colby Mules, 4-1, on Sunday morning at the new Colby Soccer Field. The Eagles went 1-1 on the weekend.
* The first goal on the new field went to Husson's Leah Hibbad, who scored just 3:19 into the contest. Taylor Fortin played a nice ball up the middle that Hibbad was able to get past Colby goalie Dani Lonati, who was charging out of the net.
* Emily Martin set up Colby's first goal at 53:45 when her blast off the crossbar went directly to Lofstrom, who headed the ball in the goal.
* The Mules continued to put pressure on and took the lead for good on Ensminger's goal from fellow first-year Olivia Greif at 65:07.
* Greif recorded her second assist just 3:33 later on Demmon's goal.
* Fraser closed out the scoring when she won a loose ball and had a blast from about 30 yards go into the upper left corner of the net with 3:16 to play.
By the numbers
* The Eagles had two shots on the day.
* Husson goalkeeper Sami Ireland finished with 10 saves, including a nice diving stop in the first half to keep Colby off the scoreboard.
* Hibbad recorded another goal on the short season, while Fortin was credited with the loan Husson assist on the day.
* Colby first-years Sarah Lofstrom, Laura Ensminger, and Emily Demmon had the first three Mule goals.
Next on the schedule
* Husson (1-2 overall) plays host to University of New England on Tuesday at 4 p.m.