Farmington, Maine – The Husson University Eagles defeated UMaine-Farmington by a score of 87-51 in North Atlantic Conference action in Dearborn Gymnasium.
The Eagles and Beavers were tied at 8-8 with 3:49 to go in the first quarter. Megan Peach grabbed an offensive rebound and put back the lay-up. Husson would go on a 11-0 run to grab a 19-8 lead with 00:29 remaining in the quarter.
Barrett Campbell was the catalyst for the Husson offense. The sophomore would help her squad go on little runs throughout the game to length their lead. Lead by B. Campbell, the Eagles' bench outscored the starters by a score of 51-36.
IN THE BOX
- Campbell finished the night with 21 points after shooting 8-14 from the floor with two three-pointers and three free throws to go along with six rebounds, three assists, and two steals.
- Sami Ireland added 16 points and six rebounds, while Kenzie Worcester finished with 12 points and seven rebounds.
- Megan Peach contributed 13 points off the bench and just missed a double-double with nine rebounds.
- Paige Carter led the Beavers with a double-double. Carter finished with 16 points on 8-12 shooting and 12 rebounds.
- Morgan Crocker added 15 points on 4-11 shooting and 7-8 at the free throw line.
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Eagles shot 43.5% from the floor (37-85), 35.7% behind the arc (5-14) and 57.1% at the free throw line. Husson tallied 54 rebounds, 22 assists, 10 steals and two blocks.
- UMF shot 35.1% from the floor on 20-57 shooting, 16.7% from three-point land (2-12) and 90% at the free throw line (9-10). The Beavers notched 35 rebounds, 13 assists, two steals and two blocks.
The Eagles return to the court when the host Colby-Sawyer on Friday, January 12, with a tip-off set for 5:30 pm.