BANGOR, Maine - The Husson University men's swimming & diving team defeated Saint Joseph's College of Maine, 125-80 at Webber Pool on Friday night in their home opener.
- The quartet of Steven Johnston, Joe Vail, Tom Cote and Dan Egan combined to win in the 400 Medley Relay with a new school record time of 4:06.74. The previous school record of 4:10.50 was held by Robert Maloney, Nick Michelmore, Mark Davidson and Bob Wheeler for 46 years.
- Adam Colter placed second in the 1000 Free (12:34.22) and the 500 Free (6:07.23), and third in the 50 Back (34.29)
- Vail took second in 200 Free (2:01.28) and the 100 IM (1:03.45).
- Jordan McCoy won tthe 50 Back (31.76), placed fourth in the 50 Free (28.06) and third in the 200 Back (2:47.01).
- Johnston won the 50 Breast (30.19), the 200 Backstroke with a new school record time of 2:12.51, the 50 Fly with a new school record time of 25.12 and lead off the 400 Medley Relay with his third school record of the meet in the 100 Back (57.37).
- Alex Miles won the 100 Fly (1:06.74), placed fourth in the 100 Free (1:00.94), and third in the 500 Free (6:19.30).
- Egan won the 50 Free (24.65) and took second in the 100 Free (54.92).
- Cote finished third in the 50 Free (25.22), the 50 Fly (27.90) and the 100 IM (1:05.33).
- Caelan Lecrone placed third in the 100 Free (1:00.65) and second in the 50 Fly (27.80).
- McCoy, Colter, Miles and Lecrone swam together to win the 200 Free Relay with a time of 1:48.80.
The Eagles will return to the pool on Wednesday, Januray 30th hosting Maine Maritime Academy for their final dual meet of the season. The meet is scheduled to start at 6:00 p.m.