WESTON, Mass. – The Husson University men's swimming & diving team competed in the 2018 Regis Invitational at Regis Aquatics Center on Saturday afternoon, hosted by Regis College. The Eagles finished third with 102 points, while the Pride win with 204 points and Elms took second place with 115 points.
- The quartet of Tom Cote, Caelan Lecrone, Dan Egan and Joe Vail combined to finish third in the 200 Free Relay with a time of 1:41.33.
- The group of Jordan McCoy, Alex Miles, Adam Colter and Gerard Arias Huerta finished fifth in the 200 Free Relay with a time of 1:53.18.
- Colter placed sixth in the 500 Free (6:03.35), seventh in the 50 Back (34.56), second in the 200 Free (2:13.58), and fifth in the 100 Free (1:01.71).
- Cote took third in the 100 Fly (1:04.53) and the 100 Free (57.77), second in the 200 IM (2:29.43), and fifth in the 50 Fly (28.27).
- Miles was fourth in the 100 Fly (1:06.00), third in the 200 IM (2:36.61) and the 200 Fly (2:39.63), and tenth in the 50 Fly (29.87).
- Lecrone finished fifth in the 100 Fly (1:11.17) and the 50 Back (34.23), ninth in the 50 Free (26.58), and fourth in the 50 Fly (28.17).
- Egan placed third in the 50 Breast (33.15), fifth in the 50 Free (24.68), and second in the 100 Free (54.72).
- Vail won the 200 Back by scattering the 45 year old school record with a 2:17.71, finished as the runner-up in the 200 Breast by .79 one hundredth of a second with 2:33.69, and took third in the 400 IM with his second school record of the meet of 4:50.65 and in the 100 Breast (1:10.31).
- McCoy took fifth in the 200 Back (2:42.41), fourth in the 50 Back (33.17) and the 100 Back (1:14.64), and seventh in the 50 Fly (29.35).
- Arias Huerta was 12th in the 50 Free (31.74).
- Vail, Egan, Cote and Colter combined to finish third in the 200 Medley Relay with a time of 1:58.67.
- McCoy, Miles, Lecrone and Arias Huerta swam together to finish sixth in the 200 Medley Relay with a time of 2:14.40.
The Green and Gold will return to the pool in 2019 for their home opener on January 12th against the Monks of Saint Joseph's College of Maine. The dual meet is scheduled to start at 12:00 p.m.