KINGSTON, R.I. - The Husson University men's swimming & diving team sits in 11th place through 32 events of the 2018 New England Intercollegiate Swimming & Diving Association (NEISDA) Championship with 49 points.
Roger Williams University leads the pack with 607.5 points while UMass.-Dartmouth (421), Bridgewater State University (413), Norwich Unviersity (361.5) and Keene State College (261.5) round out the top five.
THE RUNDOWN - FRIDAY
- Ben Volpone, Thomas Cote, Caelan Lecrone and Alex Miles combined to post a 10th place finish in the 200-Free Relay with a time of 1:41.02, an effort worth 14 points.
- Volphone placed 18th in the 50 Free (24.74).
THE RUNDOWN - SATURDAY
- Cote, Brandon Babin, Lecrone and Volpone swam together to finish in 11th place in the 200-Medley Relay with a time of 1:55.79, an effort worth 12 points.
- Lecrone posted a preliminary time of 26.55 seconds in the 50 Fly to eclipse the school record mark of 26.77 set by James Nealy at a dual meet vs. Saint Joseph's (Maine) on October 30, 2015.
- Miles finished 30th in the 50 Fly (30.31).
- Cote finished 16th in his morning preliminary swim in the 100 Back (1:06.35), making him the first freshman swimmer in program history to qualify for a evening finals at a NEISDA Championship Meet. His time of 1:06.85 in the evening finals was good for 16th place, an effort worth one point.
The action concludes on Sunday, February 18 at the Tootell Aquatic Center with the preliminary events starting at 10:00 a.m. and the finals kicking off at 5:30 p.m.