BOSTON, Mass. - The inaugural 2017 Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) Men's Swimming & Diving Championship concluded on Sunday evening with the Husson University men's swimming & diving team finishing sixth overall with 57 points.
Norwich University captured its first GNAC Championship crown after winning the previous six GNAC Invitational titles with 348 points, while Regis College finished as the runner-up with 168 points, Elms was third with 113 points, Saint Joseph's College of Maine (93) was fourth and Colby-Sawyer College (80) was fifth to rounded out this year's men's field.
Overall, the Husson men's team featured four individuals who combined to compete in eight finals races and four relay races.
THE RUNDOWN - PRELIMS:
- Kyle Urban placed seventh in the 50 Breast (32.50) to qualify for the evening finals.
- Thomas Cote took eighth in the 100 Back (1:06.11) and sixth in the 200 Fly (2:35.03) to qualify for the evening finals.
- Adam Colter finished 14th in the 100 Free (57.18).
- Caelan Lecrone was 15th in the 100 Free (57.70).
- Alex Miles placed seventh in the 200 Fly (2:37.72) to qualify for the evening finals.
THE RUNDOWN - FINALS:
- Miles, Urban, Lecrone and King finished fifth in the 200 Medley Relay with a time of 1:59.73.
- Cote, King, Lecrone and Colter posted a fifth-place finish in the 400 Free Relay (3:52.48).
- Cote tallied four points by finishing eighth in the 100 Back (1:05.48) and sixth in 200 Fly (2:33.72).
- Miles chipped in with two points after posting the seventh best time in the 200 Fly (2:40.39)
The men return to the pool on January 12, 2018, swimming in an exhibition meet, when the women's team host Rhode Island College for a 6 p.m. dual meet.