BOSTON, Mass. – Husson University men's swimming & diving kicked off the inaugural 2017 Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) Swimming & Diving Championship at Simmons College on Saturday. The men capped the first day of the two-day event in sixth place with 33 points.
Through 22 events on the men's side, Norwich University – winners of six-straight GNAC Invitational titles – is again in the top slot with 186 points while Regis (Mass.) is in second with 86 points. Elms College (55), Saint Joseph's (Maine) (50), Colby-Sawyer (38), and Husson University (33) and round out the remainder of the men's six-team field.
For the Eagles, three individuals have advanced to the finals thus far while the team has also raced in a pair of relay finals.
THE RUNDOWN - PRELIMS:
- Adam Colter placed ninth in the 500 Free (6:00.92) and tenth in the 200 Free (2:13.73).
- Alex Miles finished ninth in the 200 IM (2:32.16) and 17th in the 50 Fly (29.58).
- Colby King was 12th in 50 Free (25.27).
- Thomas Cote took ninth in the 100 Fly (1:03.15) and seventh in the 200 Back (2:35.60) to qualify for the evenings finals.
- Caelan Lecrone was 12th in the 100 Fly (1:09.71) and ninth in the 50 Fly (26.92).
- Kyle Urban finished seventh in the 100 Breast (1:12.94) to qualify for the evenings finals.
THE RUNDOWN - FINALS:
- Cote, Miles, Colter, King finished fourth in the 200 Free Relay with a time of 1:43.17.
- Miles, King, Lecrone and Colter posted a sixth-place finish in the 400 Medley Relay (4:35.79).
- Urban tallied eight points by finishing seventh in the 100 Breast (1:13.59) and third in the 1 Meter Diving with 281.20 points.
- Cote chipped in with two points after posting the seventh best time in the 200 Back (2:28.82)
- King contributed seven points with a runner-up finish in the 1 Meter Diving with 303.00 points.
The action resumes – and concludes, today – with the preliminary events starting at 9:30 AM and the finals kicking off at 4:00 PM.