KINGSTON, R.I. - Qualifying members of the Husson University men's swimming & diving team competed during day three of the 2017 New England Intercollegiate Swimming & Diving Association (NEISDA) Championship on Saturday at the University of Rhode Island.
Senior Grant Gerber finished ninth in the finals of the 100 Breast. In Saturday morning's preliminaries, Gerber recorded a time of 1:03.37 as he broke his own school mark of 1:03.94 set earlier this season. Gerber then re-broke the record with a time of 1:03.33 in the finals.
The Husson men's squad sits in 11th place with 57 team points after day three. Roger Williams University leads the pack with 530 points while Norwich University (395), Brandeis University (395), Keene State College (318) and Bridgewater State University (309) round out the top five.
THE RUNDOWN - PRELIMS:
- Sophomore Caelan Lecrone finished 25th in the 50 Fly (27.69).
- Freshman Evan Vidas was 27th in the 50 Fly (28.76).
- Sophomore Alex Miles placed 31st in the 50 Fly (29.43).
- Gerber finished 10th in the 100 Breast (1:03.37).
THE RUNDOWN - FINALS:
- Miles, Gerber, Lecrone and senior Colin Vidas combined to post a 11th place finish in the 200 Medley Relay with a time of 1:55.04, an effort worth 12 points.
- Gerber finished 9th in the 100 Breast (1:03.33), an effort worth 9 points.
The action concludes on Sunday, February 19 at the Tootell Aquatic Center with the preliminary events starting at 10:00 a.m. and the finals kicking off at 5:30 p.m.