BANGOR, Maine – The Husson University men's swimming & diving team lost to Colby-Sawyer, 112-84, in their final home dual meet of the season.
Seniors Grant Gerber and Colin Vidas showed well for Husson on Senior Day at Webber Pool. Gerber clocked the fastest times in the 50 Yard Breaststroke, with a time of 29.89, and in the 100 Yard Freestyle, with a time of 52.48 – nearly nine seconds faster than the second fastest time. Vidas took maximum points in the 100 Yard Breaststroke, with a time of 1:17.25, while also just missing out on top spot in the 50 Yard Freestyle event by a half-second.
For Colby-Sawyer, Senior Jameson Ploch won the 200 Yard Freestyle, beating Colter by 9.35 seconds, and he also beat out Miles for the fastest swim in the 200 Yard Individual Medley. Senior Brett Cayer won the 100 Yard Butterfly, with a time of 1:00.90, while also just edging out Husson's Colin Vidas in the 50 Yard Freestyle. Senior Josh Paszczuk clocked the fastest time in the 50 Yard Backstroke, at 27.25, and also in the 100 Yard Backstroke, at 58.96. Freshman Timothy Gablosky rounded out the individual honors for Colby-Sawyer with an uncontested victory in the 1000 Yard Freestyle.
Overall, the Eagles finished the day with five individual first-place finishes. Colby-Sawyer finished the day with seven individual first-place finishes, and two first-place team finishes.
- Grant Gerber finished first in the 50 Yard Backstroke and 100 Yard Freestyle, for 18 total points.
- Alex Miles finished first in the 50 Yard Butterfly, second in the 100 Yard Butterfly, and second in the 200 Yard Individual Medley, for 17 total points.
- Adam Colter finished first in the 500 Yard Freestyle, second in the 200 Yard Freestyle, and third in 50 Yard Freestyle, for 16 total points.
- Colin Vidas finished first in the 100 Yard Freestyle and second in the 50 Yard Freestyle, for 13 total points.
- Caelan Lecrone finished second in the 50 Yard Backstroke, third in the 100 Yard Freestyle, and fourth in the 50 Yard Freestyle, for seven total points.
- Evan Vidas finished third in the 50 Yard Butterfly, and fourth in both the 100 Yard Butterfly and the 100 Yard Freestyle, for seven total points.
The Eagles travel to Massachusetts to compete against Bridgewater State and Regis next Saturday, January 28, at 2:00 pm.