STANDISH, Maine - The Husson University men's swimming & diving team defeated Saint Joseph's College of Maine, 146-28 at the Harold Alfond Center on Saturday afternoon to win their first dual meet of their season in 46 years, while breaking the school record for most points scored in a dual meet in program history.
- The quartet of sophomore Alex Miles, senior Grant Gerber, freshman Evan Vidas and senior Colin Vidas combined to win the 200-Medley relay with a time of 2:00.78.
- Freshman Adam Colter made his collegiate debut and posted a wins in the 1000-free (13:17.37) and 500-free (6:28.00).
- Freshman Ben Volpone also made his collegiate debut and posted a win in the 200-free (2:10.10) and a 2nd place finish in the 100-free (59.88) and a 3rd in the 50 free (26.79).
- Freshman Logan Testerman won the 50-back (31.12), the 50-free (25.45) and the 100-free (58.03).
- Gerber won the 50-breast (30.25) and the 100-breast (1:10.26).
- Senior Josh DeNicola finished 3rd in the 50-breast (39.00), and the 50-fly (42.56) and was 2nd in the 100-breast (1:25.21).
- C. Vidas finished 2nd in the 50-free (25.66) and 3rd in the 100-free (1:00.30).
- E. Vidas placed 2nd in the 100-fly (1:07.40) and the 50-fly (29.62).
- Miles won the 100-back (1:15.29), and the 200-IM (2:38.05) and took 2nd in the 50-fly (31:57).
- Gerber, C. Vidas, E. Vidas and Volpone swam together to post a first-place finish in the 200-Free relay (1:42.32).
The Eagles will return to the pool on Saturday, November 5 at the 5th Annual Louise Goodrum Invitational, hosted by UMass.-Dartmouth.