Farmington, Maine – Led by Corey Kaiser's triple-double, The Husson University Men's Basketball team defeated UMaine-Farmington on Tuesday night by a score of 95-68 in North Atlantic Conference action in Dearborn Gymnasium.
The Eagles trailed by two points early in the first half. Raheem Anderson was fouled and made his way to the free throw line. The senior guard nailed both free throws and launched his team into an impressive 13-0 run. The run started at the 16:31 mark and ended when UMaine-Farmington knocked down a free throw with 11:13 to go in the half. Husson would continue to press their will for the rest of the ball game.
IN THE BOX
- Bussey finished with 19 points for the Eagles with five three-pointers while Kaiser notched a triple-double with 11 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists.
- Justin Thompson finished the night with 14 points on 4-7 shooting and 5-6 at the free throw line.
- Raheem Anderson added 12 points on 4-14 from the floor with two three-pointers and two free throws.
- Riley Robinson led the way for the Beavers with 20 points on 6-13 from the floor and 7-8 at the free throw line. Robinson added five rebounds and one steal.
- Milani Hicks added 15 points after going 4-4 from the floor and 7-8 at the free throw line while tallying seven rebounds, two steals, and one block.
- Issac Witham notched 14 points on 5-12 from the floor.
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Eagles shot 45.6% from the floor (31-68), 45.8% behind the arc (11-24) and 69.6% at the free throw line. Husson tallied 44 rebounds, 21 assists, six steals and one block.
- UMF shot 40% from the floor on 22-55 shooting, 18.2% from three-point land (2-11) and 73.3% at the free throw line (22-30). The Beavers notched 27 rebounds, 10 assists, six steals and two blocks.
The Eagles return to the court when the host Colby-Sawyer on Friday, January 12, with a tip-off set for 7:30 pm.