ALFRED, N.Y. - The Husson University (4-2, 3-0 ECFC) football team picked up their 19th straight conference victory with a 56-14 win over Alfred State College (0-7, 0-3 ECFC) in Eastern Collegiate Football Conference (ECFC) action on a rainy Saturday afternoon at Pioneer Stadium.
- Miece Loureiro ran for 131 yards on 23 attempts with two touchdowns.
- Solomon Hassen carried the ball six times for 66 yards with a long of 44.
- Jordan Marcano rushed for 61 yards off five carries with a long 58 and caught one pass for a 62 yard touchdown.
- Shawn Noel, Jr. finished with 51 yards on five attempts.
- Cory Brandon completed 17-of-19 pass attempts - an 89.5 completion percentage, breaking his previous single-game record of 88.2 vs. Castleton last season. The senior quarterback finished with 303 yards of passing for his third career 300 yard passing game - the most in program history and four touchdowns to leave him with a single-game record passing rating of 292.9.
- Brandon struck for touchdowns of 53, 47, 43, and 16 yards on the afternoon.
- Brandon also averaged 14.9 yards gained per play to surpass his single-game record of 13.5 versus Anna Maria in 2016 and became the first quarterback in program history to pass the 6,000 yard career mark in passing yards.
- David Morrison threw for 71 yards on 3-for-7 pass atempts with a touchdown and two interceptions.
- Keyshaun Robinson caught four passes for 119 yards with three touchdown catches to become the first tight end in 14 years to record a 100-yard receiving game and the first tight end in program history to catch three touchdowns and score 20 points in a single-game, while tying the single-game record for most touchdown receptions.
- Kyle Gaudet caught six passes for 97 yards with a score.
- The dual-treat of Ty Bassett caught three passes for 25 yards, ran for 18 yards on two carries and returned a Ryan Shipherd kickoff 82 yards to house for his second kick return touchdown of the season to take sole possession for the most in a single-season and in a career in program history.
- Bassett finished with 125 yards of all-purpose.
- De'Wayne Smith led the Eagle defense with seven tackles (five solos, two assists) and an interception.
- Frank Curran added seven tackles (two solos, five assists, one for loss) and a half of a sack.
- Elvin Suazo contributed five tackles (two solos, three assists, one for loss) and a half of a sack.
- Derek Barden finished with five tackles (two solos, three assists) and a pass breakup.
- Matthew Montford recorded five tackles (three solos, two assists, 0.5 for loss).
- Kaleb Caron had a big day for the Eagles as he finished with four tackles (two solos, two assists, two for loss), a sack, a pass breakup and a fumble recovery.
- Zach Connolly and Marcell Mitchell each had an interception.
- Quan Soyini had three solo tackles (one for loss), while returning four Pioneer punts for 25 yards to surpass Deon Wiggins for most career punt return yards in program history.
FOR ALFRED STATE:
- Dashown Wilson finished 13-for-31 with 258 yards, two touchdowns and an interception.
- Carter Harman completed 5-for-18 pass attempts for 117 yards with two interceptions.
- Kiegan Brown picked up 14 yards on five carries and caught three passes for 64 yards.
- Jalen Long had nine catches and 169 yards receiving with two scores.
- Darrius Nicholds caught five passes for 115 yards.
- Michael Zimmerman led the Pioneer defensive effort with 12 tackles (seven solos, five assists), while adding a forced fumble and an interception.
- After a three and out by Alfred State to begin the game, the Eagles marched right down the field in 4-play, 68-yard drive that was capped off with a 47-yard touchdown pass from Brandon to Robinson.
- The Eagle defense forced another three and out by the Pioneers and Brandon connected to Gaudet for their third 50-yards or more touchdown reception of the season to push the Husson lead to 13-0 with 10:52 left in the first quarter.
- Back-to-back touchdown catches for Long from Wilson gave Alfred State their first lead over the Eagles in over 12 quarters, but it only lasted for a couple seconds as Bassett returned the proceeding kickoff 82 yards to the house and a Brandon to Robinson two-point conversion put Husson up for good with 9:34 remaining in the first half.
- The Eagles would tack on 35 unanswered points over the final 25 minutes and 26 seconds for their six straight victory over Alfred State.
- Husson accumulated 739 yards on offense -averaging 9.7 yards per play - to surpass the program's single-game record for the most total offense yards gained. The previous record of 708 was set versus Anna Maria in 2016.
- The Eagles finished with 374 yards of passing (13.4 yards per pass) to break the program's longest team offensive single-record for most passing yards on 20-for-28 attempts, and rushed for 365 yards on 48 carries (7.6 yards per rush). The previous single-record for most passing yards was set in the program's first-ever home game versus Mount Ida College in 2003.
- The Eagles offense also record 862 yards of all-purpose to pass the single-game record of 858 - set versus Castleton in 2010 - for the most all-purpose yards gained.
- The Husson defense held Alfred State to 341 yards of total offense (355 passing, -14 rushing), an average of 4.7 yards per play and was particularly tough on third down, allowing the Pioneers to convert on just three of their 15 attempts (20%), while forcing four turnovers and sacking the quarterback four times on the afternoon.
With the result, Husson approves to 6-1 in the history of the series with Alfred State.
The Eagles return home to host Anna Maria College next Saturday. The homecoming kickoff is scheduled for 1:00 p.m.