SCHENECTADY, N.Y. - The Husson University Eagles (0-1) fell to Union College (1-0), 30-7, on Saturday afternoon in non-conference football action at Frank Bailey Field.
- Solomon Hassen carried the ball 18 times for 86 yards with a touchdown.
- Cory Brandon completed 20-of-30 pass attempts for 171 yards.
- Corey Moore caught two passes for 57 yards, while Kyle Gaudet finished with 39 yards on five receptions.
- Elvin Suazo led the Eagle defense with ten tackles (four solos, six assists, 0.5 for loss).
- Antonio Rocha and Tarik Smith added seven tackles, while Jake Dobos contributed six tackles.
FOR UNION (N.Y.):
- Will Bellamy threw for 370 yards and three touchdowns.
- Griffin Beal and Andre Ross, Jr., both had over 100 yards receiving on the day, with Beal catching two TD passes, and Ross, Jr., catching one.
- George Reed led the Dutchmen with ten tackles.
- On the very first drive of the game, Union capped off a 71-yard drive with a 21-yard touchdown pass to Beal to put the Dutchmen on the scoreboard early.
- The Eagles took a 7-6 lead 40 seconds later, after a 78-yard kickoff return by Ty Bassett, when Hassen capped off a two-play drive with a 10-yard run.
- The Dutchmen reclaimed the lead on the ensuing possession when Bellamy hit Beal for his second 21-yard touchdown pass.
- In the second half, a one-yard run by Travis Demby and a 64-yard touchdown pass from Bellamy to Ross, Jr. and Marcos Rodriguez's 28-yard field goal gave Union the 30-7 victory.
Husson will travel down I-95 to Biddeford to face the Nor'Easters of the University of New England in their first ever home varsity game next Saturday, September 8th. Kickoff is set for 1:00 p.m.