Terren Allen has been the Husson director of compliance since the fall of 2015. She oversees and ensures the department’s efforts comply with NCAA, NAC, ECFC, GNAC and institutional rules and regulations.
Allen oversees the daily operations of the compliance office including:
- Research and dissemination of conference and NCAA rules interpretations.
- Overall coordination of compliance with all recruiting.
- Monitors recruiting activity for all sports.
- Provides rules education to athletics department administrators, staff, coaches and student-athletes including disseminating new legislation information.
- Develops and maintains detailed compliance policies for HU athletics.
- Serves as the legislative liaison to the NCAA and the institutional liaison to conferences oncompliance issues.
- Monitors countable athletic related activities, playing and practice seasons, teams' schedules.
- Authorizes official visits for PSA’s and approve NLI requests.
- Oversees and monitors sports camps and clinics.
Allen was the general manager and director of softball at Sluggers in Brewer, Maine from 2012-15. She also coached the Under-18 Maine Sluggers travel team and instructed individuals in pitching, hitting, catching, and fielding during her time at Sluggers.
Allen was a four-year letterwinner as an infielder for the University of Maine from 2008-11. She batted .323 in 204 career games with 207 hits, 35 homers, 43 doubles, one triple, 167 RBIs, 70 walks, 21 stolen bases, 357 total bases and a .558 slugging percentage.
The three-time America East All-Conference selection holds the Black Bears single-season records for most home runs by a freshman (9), most RBIs (53), and is UMaine’s all-time career leader in home runs doubles and games played.
Off the field, Allen was named to the America East All-Academic Team all four seasons.
Allen earned a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology and Physical Education with a minor in Business Administration from the University of Maine in 2011.
After graduating, Allen served as a volunteer assistant coach at her alma mater, the University of Maine, in 2011 and 2013-14, and worked with the outfielders and hitters.
In addition to her Director of NCAA Compliance duties, Allen also serves as Husson’s head softball coach.
A native of Bucksport, Maine, Allen attended Bucksport High School and was named Class B Softball Player and Pitcher of the Year in 2006 and 2007. She and her husband, Jeremy, reside in Hudson, Maine with their son, Ethan.