Husson Gameday Policies
The consumption of alcoholic beverages except in the designated tailgating area for football is prohibited.
Animals are permitted only at baseball, softball, field hockey, men's soccer, women's soccer, men's lacrosse and women's lacrosse games but are not allowed in the stands. Animals must not interfere with other guests' enjoyment of the game. All animals must be kept on a leash no longer than 10 feet. Owners are responsible for disposing of animal waste.
An ATM is located outside the campus bookstore on the first floor of Peabody Hall.
No backpacks allowed inside any complex.
No bags or purses larger than 8 1/2" x 11" are allowed inside any complex.
No unauthorized banners, signs or flags may be brought into any complex.
No spectator cameras with lenses over six inches long will be permitted.
Guests are not permitted to bring food/beverage containers into any complex. Bottles, coolers, and containers of any kind are prohibited.
Unauthorized persons entering the playing field will be dealt with by the police.
No items that produce loud noises (air horns, whistles, etc.) are allowed in accordance with NCAA regulations.
The public address system is for emergency use only. In the event of an emergency, notify an usher or security officer.
Player Family Gates
For football, family members and guests of players will enter Winkin Sports Complex at Gate 1 (closest to Newman Gymnasium).
Profanity and abusive language are highly discouraged during athletic contests. Guests using profanity or abusive language towards student-athletes, coaches, officials, staff or fellow spectators can have their ticket revoked and be removed from the premises.
No weapons of any kind (guns, knives, explosive devices, etc.) are permitted in any complex. Attempting to bring any weapon of any kind into the stadium will result in immediate arrest.
Radios and TVs
Radios and TVs are allowed only if they do not interfere with other guests' enjoyment of the game.
For football, men's basketball or women's basketball contests, re-entry is permitted at any gate with a ticket. All other regular-season events are free.
Seatbacks larger than a single seat are not allowed.
All selfie sticks are prohibited.
To comply with Maine state law, no smoking is permitted anywhere on campus. Smokeless tobacco and electronic and smokeless cigarettes are also not permitted.
To provide a memorable experience for all attending a football game, the following policies are applicable and will be enforced by the Campus Security:
- You must be 21 or over to possess or consume alcohol.
- The tailgate section will open two hours prior to kickoff. All tailgate parties must end at the start of the game but may resume at halftime until the second half kickoff. Tailgating is not allowed after the game.
- Tailgating is allowed only in the O'Keefe Field parking lot.
- All alcohol (beer and wine only) will remain within the roped off designated tailgating area.
- No common containers such as kegs.
- Cans and plastic containers only; no glass bottles.
- Cooking grills must be gas or electric fired; no charcoal or wood.
- Please do not encroach on another's space.
- Tailgaters are subject to all state and local laws and ordinances; student tailgaters are also subject to Husson’s Community Code of Conduct.
- Disorderly or intoxicated persons may be removed from the tailgate area and/or Husson University property.
- Any violation of the above rules may result in the permanent suspension of the violator’s tailgating privileges.
Throwing items onto the field of play or directly at fellow spectators will not be tolerated and is grounds for removal from the premises.
Umbrellas are allowed only if they do not interfere with other guests' enjoyment of the game.
Video recorders are prohibited.